Friday 29 February 2008

Lead Balloon.


Interesting insight into the current political thinking, amongst other things, of Scottish Liberal Democrat Leader Nicol Stephen MSP in the Scotsman.

"What have you got on your iPod, if you have one, or what was the last CD you bought?I am still of the era of Bowie and Led Zeppelin and that sort of stuff. I didn't go to the Led Zep revival concert, but somebody on this corridor did. They went online and got tickets really quickly – but they didn't take me. What do I have in the CD player in the car? At the moment I've got – heavily influenced by my children, who are 12 and ten – Green Day, Maroon 5, Leona Lewis and the Killers. I went to see Blue Nile when they were doing their most recent tour. They are probably my favourite Scottish band."

So Nicol lost out because someone didn't want to take him along to a Led Zeppelin concert. He's older than he looks and obviously has no real mates. The Scottish Lib Dem's current fortunes are going just about as well as a lead balloon at the moment never mind Zeppelin. Trying to win the votes of the SAGA generation Nicol?

No comments: