Monday 3 December 2007

Oh no she isn't ...


So, Labour's Scottish Leader has spoken.

"Wendy Alexander intends to carry on as Scottish Labour leader, despite continued pressure for her to quit over a donation to her leadership campaign. It follows suggestions in the press that her campaign team knew there were question marks over a donation from Jersey-based businessman Paul Green. Ms Alexander rejected any suggestion of "intentional wrongdoing" and was "confident" of being exonerated. She said she still had a contribution to make to the lives of fellow Scots ... In a statement, Ms Alexander, ... said: "I deeply regret the damage which recent publicity has brought to the Labour party. However, I reject any suggestion of intentional wrongdoing on my part. I intend to address these matters with the Electoral Commission, with whom I am co-operating fully. I am confident when all the facts are known I will be exonerated of any intentional wrongdoing."

You broke the rules Wendy. Do the decent; the honourable thing; and go. Otherwise you will become the laughing stock of Scottish politics. More than you already have. Starting to feel the heat from the boys in blue yet?

No comments: